Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
Experience and learning are the two driving forces of business growth and social development for any country. Countries with the higher level of skills fare enough to cope with the difficulties of developing economies in the modern day world. India with it’s an unusual youth demographic is poised for a big boost regarding socio-economic development.
The recently approved Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is a flagship scheme for giving skill training to youth, focusing on improved curricula, better pedagogy, and trained instructors. The training includes soft skills, personal grooming, behavioral change et al.
The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) was thus envisaged as a critical measure to impart skills-based training to young men and women, making them fitted of earning and supporting the nation’s anti-poverty efforts. The scheme becomes all the more important in India as it has the world’s largest youth population that requires employable skills.
By visit this link you can easily apply for PMKVY
- The goal of the Scheme (PMKVY)
The primary purpose of this Scheme is to impart Technical Skills for 10 Lakh youth in the next three years. It is aimed to:
(1) Support the institutions for making the best use of the available infrastructure of higher education system during off hours for skill training.
(2) Produce employable and certifiable skills based on National Occupational Standards (NOS) with necessary soft skills to the school dropouts who want to pursue/attain higher order skills and living in the vicinity of College.
(3) Provide for up-gradation and certification of traditional/acquired skills of the learners irrespective of their age;
(4) Give opportunities for community-based life-long learning by offering courses of general interest to the community for personal development and investment;
(5) Offer bridge courses to certificate holder of public/ vocational education, to bring them to par with appropriate NSQF level.
- Skills Need Appraisal
According to the PMKVY plan published by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship in March 2015, one of the critical objectives of the scheme was to cover the skills training of about 24 lakh people. The distinct skills imparted would be decided based on the National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) and by feedback from the various industries that would potentially employ the trainees.
The specific skills trainings to be imparted have been assessed by the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) by request for new skills gap by a study for the 2013-17 period. Central ministries and state government departments were consulted, and the inputs of various industry and business heads were also considered.
- Registration Process
The government has partnered with various telecom operators to create awareness about the PMKVY. After the nationwide launch telecom operators are likely to send out mass SMS about the scheme and will provide potential candidates a number to call. Candidates need to give a missed call to this toll-free number 1800 102 6000, following which they shall receive an automated call back connecting them to an IVR. The potential candidate will, at this stage, need to input his/her details into the system. Candidates eligible to enroll for the training programmes will be provided with more information of the nearest training center and will be asked to report on the training dates.
Here you can read in brief Pradhan Mantri Vikas Kaushal Yojana Guidelines