what is E Challan? Find Out in Details?
E challan means Electronic challan or online challan, if you break any traffic rule on the road then you got e challan which means you have to pay a penalty. This works under CCTV Camera which fits into the traffic light and checks who is breaking the traffic rules by the images. The fine may vary but it depends on your or which rule you broke. And you have to pay the fine through E challan. This is the definition of E challan. The E Challan Process undergoing is MINISTRY OF ROAD TRANSPORT & HIGHWAYS.
How Many Traffic Rules?
Firstly, basic traffic rules every person should know about. Check below.
- Slow Speed and Drive Slowly
- Need to Maintain Distance
- Don’t over the speed with vehicles.
Mainly Follow traffic Rules.
Our Indian government recently changed the traffic rules. Let’s check what it is.
- Motor Vehicle Act
- Valid Driver License
- Must be Vehicle Insurance Certificate
- Pollution under Control Certificate must be Valid and up to date
Follow Must Some Traffic Signal
- STOP: It means you need to stop to cross the road when the Red Light is On. And you need to stop when this sign blinks.
- BE ALERT: Be alert and start to cross the roads when the yellow light is enabled.
- GO: Green is the safe signal for cross walking. You can cross the road without any fear.
Now let’s discuss the most important things is that when you break the rules and what is the process to pay the E challan offline as well as online.
|Sr. No.||Traffic Rules If you break||Fines/Penality|
|2||Without Driving License||Rs. 5,000/-|
|3||Unknown/Unauthorised Vehicle with Invalid Driving License||Rs.5,000/-|
|4||Don’t have Necessary Document which specified Under Motor Vehicle Act Rules||Rs.500/-|
|5||Without Vehicle Insurance||Rs2,000/-|
|6||Without Vehicle Permit||Rs10,000/-|
|7||Without Vehicle Fitness||Rs. 5,000/- and 2,000 Minimum you have to give.|
|8||Without Vehicle RC||Rs2,000/-|
|11||Accidental Case||6 months in Jails and penalty would be up to 5000/-|
|12||Over speed||Rs. 1000 to 2000/-|
|13||Without Qualified Driving||Rs.10,000/-|
Online Traffic Challan Payment Mode
How to pay e challan in form of Offline Mode and Online Mode? Now, we will tell you in a simple manner, How you can pay the E challan in Offline Mode and Online Mode.
Simple and Easy steps of Online e challan Payment
- Firstly you need to go to the official website echallan.praivahan.gov.in
2. You would see “Check Challan Status” in the right side corner.
- You will reach a new page automatically.
- Then put the necessary information.
For Example: How to pay E challan if you belong to Mumbai city. Please visit this link and see https://mahatrafficechallan.gov.in/payechallan/PaymentService.htm You can easily pay the E challan by this link.
- Fill in the Vehicle number and Chassis no.
2. Enter only the Challan Number
Offline Traffic Challan Payment Mode
If you don’t know about online activity about how to pay offline challan then don’t worry we will guide you definitely as per your requirements.
- Go to your traffic police station.
- Consult your traffic police inspector.
- He keeps all records and fine while you break the rules.
- And you have to clear all pending dues.
Check City Wise Online Traffic E challan Payment Modes