This article provides a detailed note about the scholarship schemes being run by the Centre and State for the students of India to provide them all the necessary financial aid in respect to their studies.
National Scholarship Portal NSP 2020 is a programmed launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology under the Government of India in the year __. Its main aim is to provide scholarship to the students studying under UGC affiliated institutions. The National Scholarship portal 2020 provides numerous scholarships in order to help students pursuing their studies. The scholarships provided under NSP 2020 are majorly directed towards SC/ST/OBC and Minority students.
Education is very important for a society to grow and prosper. Government of India has launched various schemes in order to help students pursue studies. This financial aid by the government is called scholarship. It is provided to students so they do not opt out of studies due to lack of funds or affordability. Therefore, the Government of India came up with various national scholarships to help students throughout India by allocating funds. These scholarships are provided under various provisions. And all such information needs to be collected at one place for the ease of those who are looking for it. That’s how the existence of National Scholarship Programme portal came into being.
NSP provides all the detailed information about the scholarships, no matter they’re under state government or central government. The objective of NSP is to provide SMART i.e., Simplified, Mission-Oriented, Accountable, Responsive, and Transparent system to its beneficiaries in an efficient, effective and faster way. National Scholarship Programme portal has been very successful and has yielded very positive results in disbursing the scholarships and helping the students. However, National Scholarship Programme portal is under Mission Mode Project under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP).
- Bank Pass Book
- Qualification documents
- Aadhar card
- Domicile & Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Bonafide certificate of the institution you’re studying in
There are various scholarships provided by the government for which the eligibility criterion stands different. We are going to provide you just a brief about some of them.
- Ishan Uday (for North Eastern region) – Income below 4.5 lakh
- National Means cum Merit Scholarship – Income less than 1.5 lakhs; students having more than 55% can appear for the scholarship test.
- Top Class Education Scheme for SC students – For students belonging SC quota; income less than 6 lakh.
- PG Scholarship for University rank holders – 1st and 2nd rank holders; must have at least 60 percent in undergraduate degree; age to be less than 30 years
- Pragati Scholarship Schemes for Girls for Technical degree courses – eligible for maximum 2 girl child per family; income less than 8 lakhs.
- Pre Matric Scholarship for Student with disabilities – eligible for students of 9th or 10th with 40 % or more disability; income to be less than 2.5 lakh.
- PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child – age limit 30 years and admitted to a post graduate course.
BENEFITS OF NSP PORTAL 2020:
- All-in-one information available on one portal
- Simplification of the application process
- To promote transparency in the matters of scholarship programs
- A great DSS – Decision Support System for departmental decisions or managerial activities
SCHOLARSHIPS COVERED UNDER NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME or PORTAL:
- Central-Government Scholarship Scheme – these scholarships involve grants from various ministries like Ministry of Labour, Social Justice and Empowerment, Tribal Affairs, Higher Education etc.
- University Grants Commission Scholarship Scheme – the above mentioned scholarships are provided by the UGC.
- All-India Council for Technical Education Scholarship Scheme – Pragati scholarships are provided under AICTE schemes
- State Scholarship Scheme – these include post matric, pre-matric and stipend the scholarships
HOW TO APPLY FOR A NSP SCHOLARSHIP?
- For applying the scholarship, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of the portal of NSP https://scholarships.gov.in/
- Click on ‘Search for Institute’ located on the right side of the screen.
- Fill in the required details like state, district of the institution, institute/college/ITI and click on the button of ‘Get Institution List’.
HOW TO REGISTER ON THE NSP PORTAL IF YOU’RE NEW TO IT?
- Visit the official website of the nsp scholarship portal is www nsp portal
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ button.
- On the next page, all the necessary details will be displayed on your screen like how to apply and documents you’re going to need while applying etc.
- Read all the instructions carefully and then click on ‘I agree’ to the terms and click on Continue.
- Fill in all the asked credentials on the next page and then click on Register button.
- A student application ID and password will be sent on your phone as confirmation. Keep it secure for logging in.
Note: While nsp portal login, on OTP will send on your registered mobile number which will ask you to change the password. It is a mandatory step and cannot be skip. Change the password to continue further.
THE PROCEDURE OF ENTERING THE DETAILS:
- Once you log in nsp portal login after entering the relevant details and changing the password, you will be land on the homepage, Dashboard.
- Click on Application Form.
- Fill in the all the asked details like your qualification, contact etc.
- Then click on ‘Save and Continue’ button. Then you will be ask to upload some necessary documents and contact numbers
- Click on Confirm button if you have uploaded the correct data. Otherwise you may also save the draft and fill the information later.
- Once done all this, click on ‘Final Submit’.
LAST DATE TO APPLY FOR NSP 2020:
The last date to apply for National Scholarship Policy is not confirmed yet, however, it is expected to end around the month of either October or November. However, the deadline of central scholarship schemes is declared to end on 31st October, 2020.
We hope that this information proves useful to you. This is the most talked about topic and most necessary for all the students. If you liked the information we presented to you, kindly share it among your friends, family and relatives. Thank you!