Introduction to PICME Registration
The government of Tamil Nadu introduced the Pregnancy and Infant Cohort Monitoring and Evaluation (PICME) system to effectively monitor pregnant women. The registration process for pregnant women in Tamil Nadu is available on the official website picme.tn.gov.in. This registration can be done from the moment a pregnancy is suspected until a birth certificate is obtained for the child born from the pregnancy. When individuals register for PICME, they receive a 12-digit Reproductive and Child Health (RCH) ID number. This RCH ID, obtained during TN PICME Registration, is utilized by the Public Health Department to track various aspects of the pregnancy. This article will provide insights into PICME, its purpose, advantages, and the registration procedure.
Registering with PICME in 2023
The PICME system in Tamil Nadu monitors the well-being of pregnant women. Eligible women can register on the official website (https://picme.tn.gov.in/) from the start of their pregnancy until they obtain a birth certificate. The most straightforward way to register is by visiting local hospitals, primary healthcare centers, and government-run healthcare facilities. These centers are available across all states and districts, ensuring accessibility for all applicants. Upon arrival, applicants can connect with local nurses to obtain their unique 12-digit registration code. Alternatively, the registration can also be facilitated through local-level Common Service Centers (CSCs). Nurses are available to assist applicants in entering their document information into the official system.
Birth Certificate Process
Obtaining a birth certificate for a child born to a woman registered with PICME is a straightforward process. The expecting mother needs to present her RCH ID when the baby is born to receive a birth certificate promptly.
Highlights of PICME Registration
|Name of Scheme
|Tamil Nadu State Govt.
|To assist pregnant women and track their progress
|Citizens of Tamil Nadu
Objectives of PICME Registration
The Tamil Nadu government established PICME to simplify the experience for pregnant women. Enrolled women receive monitoring and care from local nurses during their pregnancies, ensuring the health and safety of both mother and child.
Benefits of PICME Registration
PICME aims to provide comprehensive care through the following benefits:
- Online pregnancy registration aids in tracking the needs and issues of pregnant women.
- The program connects pregnant women with local hospitals, clinics, and government health institutions.
- Local nurses monitor expectant mothers to ensure their safety and well-being.
- PICME’s RCH ID simplifies the process of obtaining TN birth certificates.
- Financial assistance and improved medical access are provided to expecting women.
- The PICME website records vital health indicators for Tamil Nadu.
- Second-time mothers can also participate in the program.
Eligibility for Tamil Nadu PICME Registration
To be eligible for the scheme, applicants must:
- Be pregnant women.
- Be residents of Tamil Nadu state.
Documents Required for PICME Registration
Accepted documents for the scheme include:
- Voter ID.
- Valid Passport.
- Aadhar Card.
- Ration Card.
- Marriage Certificate.
- Driving License.
- Bank Passbook.
- Job Card of MGNREGA.
- Health Insurance Card from Chief Minister Comprehensive Scheme.
Official Procedures for PICME Registration
Pregnancy pre-registration can be completed through various methods, all of which are acceptable:
- Self-registration online through the official PICME website, resulting in a pre-registration ID.
- Pre-registration at e-Seva Centers, free of cost.
- Pre-registration through the toll-free Call Center (102).
- Pre-registration at government hospitals through the Public Health System.
Steps for Online PICME Registration
- Visit the official PICME webpage.
- Click on “Pre-registration by Public.”
- Enter your PICME number obtained from the nearest CSC facility.
- Specify your location details and pin code.
- Schedule an appointment with your local Village Health Nurse.
- Provide contact information and generate an OTP.
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile phone.
- The registration process is complete, and you will receive a 12-digit RCH ID.
- Create a username and password using this ID.
Logging into PICME
- Visit the PICME webpage.
- Click on “Login.”
- Enter your username and password.
- Complete the CAPTCHA code.
- You will be successfully logged in.
Checking PICME Registration Status
- Visit the official PICME website.
- Use the link for “Pre Registration by Public.”
- Choose the option to view your pre-registration application’s ID status.
4. Enter your 12-digit PICME number.
5. Select “submit Number.”
The PICME system simplifies the registration and monitoring of pregnant women in Tamil Nadu. By providing comprehensive care, connecting women to healthcare facilities, and ensuring easy access to birth certificates, PICME contributes to the health and well-being of both mothers and children. Eligible pregnant women can register through various methods, making the process accessible and user-friendly.