PMGDISHA scheme executed by the Government of India aims at improving digital literacy among rural areas of the country.
Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyaan (PMGDISHA) aims at making atleast one person in each household digitally sound. It is a scheme to make 6 crore people of rural India, across States and Union Territories digitally literate, by covering one member from each family by 31st March, 2020. The scheme focuses on providing training to people in rural areas.
These skills involve how to operate computers or other similar devices such as tablets, smartphones, etc. How to send and receive emails, how to surf the internet, use digital payment systems, access Government services, etc. PMGDISHA is enabling people from rural backgrounds to become pro in using Information Technology to contribute to the process of nation fostering.
With the introduction of PMGDISHA, the government has made an effort in bridging the digital divide, especially focusing on rural sections. Including marginalized, like Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribes (ST), Minority communities, Below Poverty Line, differently-abled, and women.
If any candidate wants to register as an applicant, he/she must perform the electronic KYC and should agree to the T&C. This entire process of registration is free of cost. However, the training fee is payable directly to the Training Centres/Partners on successful certification through CSC-SPV. We will provide you the complete details in the paragraphs below:
- To make one member of each rural family digitally sound. The one member who wants to register can be the head of the family, husband or wife, children, mother or father, etc.
- Candidates will be make capable of using computers, smartphones, tablets, etc. and would be made capable of availing digital services.
- Such families without the smartphone, Antyodaya family, college drop-outs, etc. will be given the priority.
- Students in the 9th -12th class in schools where there is no ICT/Computer training available would be given preference.
- SC/ST, BPL, Women, Differently able to be give priority.
WHY SHOULD YOU ENROLL IN THIS SCHEME?
- The candidates will be given a certificate by a national level certifying agency after completing the training and assessment under PMGDISHA.
- There are nine certifying agencies impaneled under the scheme mentioned below:
- National Institute of Electronics and Information Technologies (NIELIT)
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
- The National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD)
- Haryana Knowledge Corporation Limited, Haryana
- ICT Academy, Tamil Nadu
- Andhra University, Andhra Pradesh
- Indian School of Business-Hyderabad, Telangana
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Gujarat
- BIT-Sindri, Jharkhand
DURATION OF THE TRAINING PROGRAM:
The training program is 20 hours and will be complete in a minimum of 10 days and a maximum, a month i.e., 30 days.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE CANDIDATES:
- For a candidate to get register for this should be someone who has no knowledge of IT
- Falls within the age range of 14-60 years
- Only one person per household.
The government mentioned that priority will be give to :
- Those who are non-smartphone users, Antyodaya households, college drop-outs, participants of the adult literacy mission.
- Students who’re digitally uneducated belonging from class 9th to 12th, given that their schools lack the Computer/ICT Training.
- SC/ST, BPL, Women, Differently abled and Minorities.
According to Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, “The scheme aims to empower rural citizens with information, knowledge, and skills and enable them to actively participate in governance.”
Currently 3,68,54,879 registered candidates, 2,15,68,789 certified students and 309123 training centres.
Last year, on 5th September, National PMGDISHA was observed to encourage digital literacy
ROLE OF THE TRAINING PARTNERS/CENTRES:
- Responsible to own or set up Training Centres in the identified districts or gram panchayats to impart digital literacy to the candidates.
- Responsible for ensuring that training centres adhere to all the requirements listed in the scheme.
- Accountable for monitoring the overall working of the centre.
- Liable for accurate and timely reporting of the work mentioned in respect of its Centres.
- Follow SOP published by CSC-SPV.
HOW TO APPLY FOR PMGDISHA?
- Visit the official website of PMGDISHA https://www.pmgdisha.in/
- Click on the option ‘Direct Candidate’
- A window will open in front of you. Click on Register if you’re a new user.
- Fill in all the credentials asked in the form like UIDAI number, name of the student, DoB, etc. and click on the Add button.
- The next step involves electronic KYC, which would involve either a fingerprint scan or an eye scan or OTP to send to your mobile number. Get your number verified.
- Last option to visit the Student Tab and check the details you fill.
- If the registration is done, enter the user ID and generate the password to commence the account.
HOW TO CLEAR THE TRAINING TEST?
For obtaining a PMGDISHA certificate, the candidate has to appear in the online test. 25 questions are asked, out of which the candidate has to answer at least 7 correctly to pass the test.
THE WHOLE PROCEDURE OF GREIVANCE REDRESSAL:
To get your grievance addressed, you need to send an email, explaining the issue or concern to firstname.lastname@example.org
DOWNLOADING THE PMGDISHA APPLICATION:
To download the app, visit the play store and search PMGDISHA in the search bar. Its size is merely 6.93MB and was released on 31st May 2019. So far, 10,000+ downloads have been made of the app.
We hope that this information proves useful to you. However, for any query, you can contact the helpline of PMGDISHA: 1800-3000-3468 or you can also send an email on email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Pmgdisha?
PMGDISHA stads for Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyaan. The main purpose of this scheme is to make six crore persons in rural areas,across States/UTs, digitally literate.
This post was published on October 12, 2020 9:00 am