Vande Bharat Express Trains List: Vande Bharat Express is a high-speed train in India that runs between New Delhi and Varanasi. It is also known as Train 18, and it was designed and developed by Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai, India. The train started its commercial run on February 17, 2019.
Vande Bharat Express Train Numbers
|SL NO||Trains & Numbers|
|1||Varanasi – New Delhi (22435)||New Delhi – Varanasi (22436)|
|2||New Delhi – SMVD KATRA (22439)||SMVD KATRA -New Delhi (22440)|
|3||Mumbai Central- Gandhinagar CAP (20901)||Gandhinagar CAP -Mumbai Central (20902)|
|4||New Delhi – Amb Andaura (22447)||Amb Andaura – New Delhi (22448)|
|5||Chennai – Mysuru (20607)||Mysuru- Chennai (20608)|
|6||Bilaspur Junction – Nagpur Junction (20825)||Nagpur – Bilaspur Junction (20826)|
|7||Howrah-New Jalpaiguri (22301)||New Jalpaiguri Junction – Howrah (22302)|
|8||Secunderabad – Visakhapatnam (20834)||Visakhapatnam -Secunderabad (20833)|
|9||Mumbai -Sainagar Shirdi (22223)||Sainagar Shirdi-Mumbai (22224)|
|10||Mumbai – Solapur (22225)||Solapur- Mumbai (22226)|
Vande Bharat Express train: Features
Vande Bharat Express is considered one of the fastest trains in India, with a maximum speed of 200 km/h. It has 16 coaches, including two executive class coaches and 14 chair car coaches. The train is equipped with modern facilities such as onboard Wi-Fi, GPS-based passenger information system, and automatic doors with sliding footsteps.
The train’s design is inspired by the Make in India initiative, which aims to promote domestic manufacturing and reduce dependence on imports. The train is powered by electric traction, which makes it more environmentally friendly than diesel-powered trains.
As of January 12, there are seven high-speed Vande Bharat Express trains operating in the country. On January 15, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the eighth train, which travels from Secunderabad to Visakhapatnam.
Vande Bharat Express trains are equipped with advanced safety features, including the Kavach technology, which helps prevent train collisions and accidents on rail tracks. In addition, all classes on these trains offer comfortable reclining seats, while the Executive Coaches boast the added convenience of 180-degree rotating seats.
Vande Bharat Express Train Routes:
Here is Complete List of Vande Bharat Express Trains and their routes:-
- Varanasi – New Delhi (22435)/ New Delhi – Varanasi (22436) The first Vande Bharat Express train was launched on February 18, 2019. This route connects the holy city of Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh) to the capital city of Delhi, with stops at Thyagraj and Kanpur. The train operates five days a week, except on Mondays and Thursdays.
- New Delhi – SMVD KATRA (22439) / SMVD KATRA -New Delhi (22440) The second Vande Bharat Express train runs between Delhi and Katra (Jammu and Kashmir). It was inaugurated by Amit Shah, Minister of Home Affairs, on October 3, 2019, and started running commercially on October 5, 2019. The train stops at Ambala Cantt, Ludhiana, and Jammu Tawi, and operates six days a week, except on Tuesdays.
- Mumbai Central- Gandhinagar CAP (20901)/ Gandhinagar CAP -Mumbai Central (20902) The third Vande Bharat Express train was launched on September 30, 2022, and covers the route from Gandhinagar (Gujarat) to Mumbai (Maharashtra) in less than six hours, making it faster, quieter, and smoother than other trains on this route. It operates six days a week, excluding Sundays.
- New Delhi – Amb Andaura (22447) /Amb Andaura – New Delhi (22448) The fourth Vande Bharat Express train was launched on October 13, 2022, and covers the route from New Delhi to Haryana, Chandigarh, Punjab, and Himachal Pradesh. It operates six days a week.
- Chennai – Mysuru (20608)/ Mysuru- Chennai (20607) The fifth Vande Bharat Express train was launched on November 10, 2022. This high-speed train stops at Katpadi and KRS Bengaluru and covers a distance of 479 km. It operates six days a week, except for Wednesdays.
- Vande Bharat Express train: Bilaspur Junction – Nagpur Junction (20825) /Nagpur – Bilaspur Junction (20826) The sixth Vande Bharat Express train was launched on December 11, 2022, this train runs from Bilaspur to Nagpur, making stops in Raipur, Durg, Rajnandgaon, and Gondia. It operates 6 days a week, except on Saturdays.
- Vande Bharat Express train: Howrah-New Jalpaiguri (22301) /New Jalpaiguri Junction – Howrah (22302) Seventh Vande Bharat Express train was launched on December 30, 2022, this train runs from Howrah to New Jalpaiguri, operating 6 days a week, except on Wednesdays.
- Vande Bharat Express train: Visakhapatnam–Secunderabad (20833) / Secunderabad–Visakhapatnam train (20834) Eighth Vande Bharat Express train was launched on January 15, 2023, this train runs from Visakhapatnam to Secunderabad with stops at Rajahmundry, Vijayawada, Khammam, Warangal, and Secunderabad.
Vande Bharat Train Schedule
Find below the timetable of the Vande Bharat trains running on various routes.
|Name||From||To||Departure||Arrival||Days of Operation||Major Stations|
|Vande Bharat Express – 22435||Varanasi Junction-BSB||New Delhi Railway Station-NDLS||3:00 PM||11:00 PM||Except Monday and Thursday||Kanpur Central and Prayagraj Junction|
|Vande Bharat Express – 22436||New Delhi Railway Station-NDLS||Varanasi Junction-BSB||6:00 AM||2:00 PM||Except Monday and Thursday||Kanpur Central and Prayagraj Junction|
|Vande Bharat Express-22439||New Delhi Railway Station-NDLS||SMVD KATRA||6:00 AM||2:00 PM||Except Tuesday||Ludhiana Junction and Jammu Tawi|
|Vande Bharat Express-22440||SMVD KATRA||New Delhi Railway Station-NDLS||3:00 PM||11:00 PM||Except Tuesday||Ludhiana Junction and Jammu Tawi|
|Vande Bharat Express –20901||Mumbai Central||Gandhinagara CAP||6.00 AM||12.25 PM||Except Sunday||Surat, Vapi, Borivali, Vadodara Junction and Ahmedabad Junction|
|Vande Bharat Express 20902||Gandhinagar CAP||Mumbai Central||2:05 PM||8.15PM||Except Sunday||Surat, Vapi, Borivali, Vadodara Junction and Ahmedabad Junction|
|Vande Bharat Express – 22447||New Delhi||Amb Andaura||5:50 PM||11.05 PM||Except Friday||Chandigarh Junction|
|Vande Bharat Express – 22448||Amb Andaura||New Delhi||1:00 PM||6.25 PM||Except Friday||Chandigarh Junction|
|Vande Bharat Express – 20607||Chennai Central||Mysuru||5:50 PM||12:30 AM||Except Wednesday||Katpadi Junction and KSR Bengaluru|
|Vande Bharat Express – 20608||Mysuru||Chennai Central||1:05 PM||7:35 PM||Except Wednesday||Katpadi Junction and KSR Bengaluru|
|Vande Bharat Express 20825||Bilaspur Junction||Nagpur Junction||6:45||12:15||Except Saturday||Raipur, Durg and Gondia.|
|Vande Bharat Express 20826||Nagpur Junction||Bilaspur Junction||2:05 PM||7.35 PM||Except Saturday||Raipur, Durg and Gondia.|
|Vande Bharat Express 22301||Howrah Junction||New Jalpaiguri Junction||5:55 AM||1.25 PM||Except Wednesday||Bolpur, Shantiniketan, Malda Town and Barsoi|
|Vande Bharat Express 22302||New Jalpaiguri Junction||Howrah Junction||3:05 PM||8:24 PM||Except Wednesday||Bolpur, Shantiniketan, Malda Town and Barsoi|
|Vande Bharat Express 20834||Secunderabad||Visakhapatnam||3:00 PM||11.30 PM||Except Sunday||Warangal, Khammam, Vijayawada and Rajahmundry stations.|
|Vande Bharat Express 20833||Visakhapatnam||Secunderabad||5.45 a.m||2.15 PM||Except Sunday||Warangal, Khammam, Vijayawada and Rajahmundry stations.|
|Vande Bharat Express 22223||CSMT||Sainagar Shirdi||6.20 Am||11.40 AM||Except Tuesday||Dadar, Thane, Nashik Road|
|Vande Bharat Express 22224||Sainagar Shirdi||CSMT||5.25 PM||10.50 PM||Except Tuesday||Dadar, Thane andNashik Road|
|Vande Bharat Express 22225||CSMT||Solapur||10.40 PM||12.35 AM||Except Thursday||Dadar, Kalyan, Pune and Karduwadi|
|Vande Bharat Express 22226||Solapur||CSMT||6.05 AM||12.35 PM||Except Thursday||Dadar, Kalyan, Pune and Karduwadi|
Vande Bharat Train Speed
|New Delhi – Varanasi Vande Bharat Express||22435/22436||759 km (472 mi)||8h 0m||130 km/h (81 mph)|
|New Delhi – Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra Vande Bharat Express||22439/22440||8h 0m||130 km/h (81 mph)||82 km/h (51 mph)|
|Mumbai Central – Gandhinagar Capital Vande Bharat Express||20901/20902||522 km (324 mi)||6h 25m||130 km/h (81 mph)|
|New Delhi – Amb Andaura Vande Bharat Express||22447/22448||5h 15m||130 km/h (81 mph)||77 km/h (48 mph)|
|MGR Chennai Central – Mysuru Vande Bharat Express||20607/20608||6h 30m||110 km/h (68 mph)||76 km/h (47 mph)|
|Bilaspur – Nagpur Vande Bharat Express||20825/20826||5h 30m||130 km/h (81 mph)||75 km/h (47 mph)|
|Howrah – New Jalpaiguri Vande Bharat Express||22301/22302||7h 30m||130 km/h (81 mph)||75 km/h (47 mph)|
|Visakhapatnam – Secunderabad Vande Bharat Express||20833/20834||8h 30m||130 km/h (81 mph)||82 km/h (51 mph)|
|Mumbai CSMT- Solapur Vande Bharat Express||22225/22226||6h 30m||110 km/h (68 mph)||70 km/h (43 mph)|
|Mumbai CSMT – Sainagar Shirdi Vande Bharat Express||22223/22224||5h 20m||110 km/h (68 mph)||64 km/h (40 mph)|
Overall, Vande Bharat Express is a significant step forward for the Indian railway system, providing passengers with a comfortable and efficient mode of transportation between New Delhi and Varanasi.
FAQ’s about Vande Bharat Express
What is the price of a Vande Bharat Express ticket?
A ticket for an AC Chair Car on the train costs Rs 1,670, while an Executive Chair Car ticket costs Rs 3,075. The train with number 22436 runs every day except for Monday and Thursday, departing from New Delhi at 6:00 am and arriving in Varanasi at 2:00 pm.
Does Vande Bharat Express provide free food?
Lunch is only served to passengers traveling from the Mysuru leg of the journey. Unfortunately, due to the current train schedule, passengers on the second leg of the journey from Bengaluru to Chennai will not receive lunch.